Friday, July 1, 2011

Brandon Reciting Scripture

I have been wanting to teach my boys the gospel with a little more effort on my part, so I started posting the Primaries monthly scripture and theme, with a picture to match, on our garage door in the kitchen. Each time we sat down for a meal I would say the scripture and theme to the boys. It got to where every time we sat down at the table Grant would point to the picture of the First Vision and say ah da (translation - say it again mom - or at least that is what I decided it meant:)). Well after about two weeks of doing this I was loading the dishes and Grant pointed to the picture and said ah da - I didn't say it right away so Brandon chimed in and said the whole scripture from memory - I was SHOCKED - seriously - did my three year old just recite a scripture word for word? From then on Brandon would say the scripture - and occasionally he would say it for others.


Well while I was at the church setting up for a YW?YM activity he wanted to talk in the microphone - I told him he could if he would say the scripture and theme - he agreed and lucky for me I had my camera in my purse. It is hard to hear - and he forgets a few sentences in the middle - but I was still super happy! Yeah Brandon. I guess the scriptures are true when they say by small and simple means great things come to pass. :)


The scripture he recites is Joseph Smith History 1:17 which reads "I saw two personages whose brightness and glory defy all description standing above me in the air, one of them spake unto me, calling me by name, and said, pointing to the other, "This is my Beloved Son, Hear Him".

No comments: