Grant turned 4 this year, right after we welcomed Trent into our family. I was very worried that Grant would feel overlooked as the new middle child so I wanted to make sure that he would have a fun birthday. Grant has been really into the new Disney Planes movie, so we decided to have a planes themed birthday, however Grant's birthday also happened to be on Super Bowl Sunday (again) so I had to work in the football game somehow.The Saturday before the game We had a family birthday party, I sent out super cute (and easy) paper airplane invitations and everyone arrived for dinner and fun. Once again he was spoiled rotten by his grandparents.
* The way he still can not pronounce words with a double consonant for the beginning, especially if one of the consonants is an S, for example spoon is poon, spider is pider, etc.
* Other funny mispronunciations - potatoes (his favorite food) is matatoes, funny is foony, late night is hate night,
* He loves to pretend he is Spider Man. He and Brandon will almost always be playing Darkzilla or Rascal the Hot Lava Dragon (Brandon) and Spider Man (Grant). Spider Man has a pet dragon (Brandon) that he uses to help him save the world, they also have a Dragon family to care for which include the beloved Askee (a tiny toy blue dragon). Some day I need to get pictures of these toys and of the boys in action when they play. They play SO well together, they are just the best of friends and I love it!! I only hope that when Trent is old enough he will have a part in their play time as well.
* His favorite animal is spiders - yuck, but if you are Spider Man it is only natural that your favorite animal is a spider - if I ever kill a spider Grant will pout and glare at me for a very long time afterwards. Infact, one day I was changing Trents diaper and getting him ready for bed, I needed a specific blanket which was buried under some other blankets near the rocking chair and changing table so I was moving the other blankets over Trent out of the way. When I looked back at Trent there was a big (size of a quarter) spider crawling up his stomach towards his face. Naturally I FREAKED OUT, screamed and frantically brushed it off of him onto the ground so that Jared, who had rushed in to see what the commotion was all about, could kill it. Boy oh boy were we in trouble - after all that spider was probably trying to bite Trent and turn him into the REAL spider mad. UGH! Grants imagination. :)
* He is an amazing eater - he is willing to give everything a try at least once. He especially loves meat and potatoes, juice, fruit, and maghetti-o's (Spaghetti-O's)
* He is a peacemaker -he observes Brandon and his very frequent temper tantrums and outbursts and tries so hard to be the opposite. Kind, obedient, and super compliant. I am so grateful!
* He has great friends and plays really well with them. His friends include; Tyler, Daeman, Patrick, Caleb, and Jared.
* Grant loves to help me in the kitchen with the cooking
* Grant still loves to play with trains, blocks, puzzles and sports
* He is adorably bashful - everyone who meets him is smitten by his bashful smile and his big hazel eyes.
* He is also a great two wheel bike rider.
I just LOVE this boy so very much!! Happy Birthday Grant!!!