Saturday, February 28, 2009

Enjoying the Weather

I love this time of year when you can enjoy a variety of weather. On Tuesday Brandon, Maggie and I had a good time playing in the back yard in the snow, it was the first time Brandon actually enjoyed touching the snow. We had a lot of fun throwing snowballs for Maggie to chase, packing snow into cups, and crunching the snow with our shoes. By the time we were done Brandon was completely soaked through (yes he has a snow suit but I really did not think he would get in the snow to justify putting it on). On Thursday we enjoyed going for a little stroll around the block.
On Friday we returned to the back yard to find that most of the snow had melted. I admit that I have been so anxious for the green grass to return that I raked most of the snow into places where I knew the sun would melt it quicker - it worked! Brandon felt that there was enough grass that it warranted a good trim, so he broke out the lawn mower, and had a grand time pushing it all over the back yard. We also played tag, and fetch with Maggie, and I played catch with Brandon. One of my favorite parts of having the warmer weather is that now Brandon can (and more importantly will) entertain himself in the back yard, giving me enough time to prepare lessons. YEA!!!

1 comment:

Jen said...

He is so adorable and so BIG! I can't believe I have never met him!