Friday, August 28, 2009

A Tree Grows in Brooklyn

I just finished reading the book A Tree Grows In Brooklyn, and I loved it! I love reading books about people who overcome seemingly impossible circumstances, which is what this book was all about. I recommend it to everyone! I loved this quote from the book - "From that time on, the world was hers for the reading. She would never be lonely again, never miss the lack of intimate friends. Books became her friends and there was one for every mood...On the day when she first knew she could read, she made a vow to read one book a day as long as she lived." Chapter 22, pg. 164 - I am so grateful that I have been taught how to read and that I enjoy reading - what a great gift!!!

1 comment:

cryssal said...

I just started it yesterday! I didn't read your post just in case there was a spoiler, I did see that you liked it though and that makes me feel like I made a good book choice.