Tuesday, February 21, 2012

January 2012

Brandon LOVES crocodiles and dinosaurs, much like any other boy except for the facts that he retains about the animals, so Jared was very excited to be able to take the family to the new Natural History Museum at the University of Utah.  It was so fun!  We were very impressed with the balance of children activities and museum artifacts. 
Our favorite children's play room was the back yard pond play area.
Deinosuchus!!!  Wish this picture showed the huge smile Brandon had when we rounded the corner and he saw Deinosuchus.
We went to the Living Planet Aquarium with the Kellers the day before our year passes ran out.  The new river otter exhibit was so fun.  We got there just before feeding time so they were super active and fun to watch.
These four boys are so very cute!!  Love their friendship.  After the aquarium we all went to McDonalds - for the playland and icecream.  We were having such a good time watching the boys play and visiting that we spent nearly three hours there.
We have never really celebrated Chineese New Year, but this year when I saw it on the calendar I thought it would be fun to make homemade egg rolls - that was all I was going to do, but when I told Brandon we were going to have Chineese New Year he got excited and wanted decorations, I allready had the dragon so we made the lanterns and then I started to have fun and get carried away. 
That is why I made the dragon puppet - it was worth Brandon's happy face and the many hours he kept it with him. 
Yummy egg rolls!
I also made homemade fortune cookies - they are so yummy and easy.
Fun with shaving cream.
Pete's happy place ;)

1 comment:

Sharece said...

You are so fun! You are my inspiration to have some creative fun with my children!!