Saturday, January 26, 2013

Christmas Dinner with the Family

One of my favorite traditions in having a fancy Christmas dinner at our home with my family.  as our family continues to grow it gets harder to host it at my home, but I still love doing it so we find a way.  This year we were fortunate to have Jared's sister Jodi and her two daughters join us as well.  So all together we had 18 people to fit in our tiny home, 15 adults and 3 children.  But as my mom always said, its not small or cramped, its cozy, and who doesn't want to be cozy during the holidays. :)
 We had a wonderful time and a wonderful dinner, all homemade, just the way I like it; homemade rolls, mashed potatoes, stuffing, apple/custard/chocolate/ and pumpkin pies, jello, and candied onions; YUM!  One of the perks to a "cozy" dinner is it has to be done family style, I love family style dinning, so much more friendly than buffet. :)
 After dinner Grandma Julie gave the boys presents - they loved their new books!

 We also had a mini Christmas devotional, we watched the portion of this years Mormon Tabernacle Christmas concert featuring Alfie Boe and Tom Brokaw.  My mom, Natalie, Jared and I were all able to go see the concert a few weeks prior and it was without a doubt the best, most uplifting Christmas experience I can remember having!!  If you have not had the privilege of seeing it, I would look it up on YouTube or anxiously wait for the video to come out next year - It was incredible!!!!
 It was a very fun night - we even had carolers from our ward come to sing to us, which made the evening even better!  I sure do love spending time with my family!

 Having Jodi, Megan and Ann Dee there made it even better!  I am so glad they came down - we would not have been able to see any of Jared's side of the family over the holidays if they hadn't.  Jodi gave the boys some awesome gifts as well.  Have you seen the AquaDoodle pads?  They are awesome, just a little water and you can doodle to your hearts content - it is the perfect Sunday bag activity!  Thanks Jodi!

No comments: