Tuesday, July 29, 2008

My favorite piano student!

As many of you know I teach piano lessons in my home to 22 students. I love teaching! It is so fun to see the kids as they progress, and I love their friendships. I am also grateful for the extra income it provides and for the opportunity to work at home. It is nice having Brandon and Maggie there during lessons, I think my students prefer them to me, (can I blame them)however they provide a great distraction to me and the students. Brandon has decided he really likes to play the piano as well, which is charming when my students are trying to focus, and if that does not get their attention he crawls right under them and tries to pull the plug to the digital piano right out of the wall. Maggie's attempts for distraction are just a crazy, she loves to lick my students feet or jump up on them to give them loves. I guess the plus side to all of this is that my students will be great at performing, they are after all learning to focus very well.
Needless to say, my favorite piano student is the one who does not even pay me, practice, or have a scheduled lesson, but I know he has great potential, just look at him. :)

I love the tippy toes to reach the piano, and that cute little bum!

A big round of applause for Brandon! Yeah Brandon!

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

Hey, McKay's starting to play on the piano alot too! I love it! I can't wait to start formal lessons with him. But I guess I should still wait a bit . . .

Kristen said...

You KNOW I love feet and Bums, these are my favorite pictures of Brandon :) Too cute!

Jen said...

I need a piano that size! What is that? I have just the spot for it as soon as I sell the couch that I have been trying to get rid of since February! I would love your advice when I get ready to buy. I think you are an amazing teacher......I always hoped you would still be around to teach Olivia!