Monday, October 6, 2008

Dress-Ups

One of my favorite things to do as a child was to play dress-ups. My mom frequented garage sales and the DI looking for the most bizarre clothes, and we would do our best to dress-up as oddly as we could. There was nothing traditional about the way we played dress-ups, but I liked it better that way!

One of my favorite memories was when I managed to convince my high school friends (about 12 of us, boys and girls) to dress up in crazy clothes and then we all went shopping at Dan's Food, we got some terrible glares but that is okay, it was good clean fun!

I had such a fun time playing last week with my little sister, she is keeping the tradition alive and well. I think Brandon and Maggie even enjoyed themselves. :)This is my little Hawaiian Pirate. :)I am not sure what Maggie is supposed to be, but that is kinda the point. :)I love the pose in front of the mirror with the plastic weave hat, the patches dress and the baggy purple jump suit underneath.My sister the jail bird?

Our all time favorite was scarf lady, we found every scarf in the large dress-up trunk and tied it onto her. I sure love my little sister Lindsey, what a fun addition to our family. We celebrated her 11th birthday yesterday, So HAPPY BIRTHDAY LINDSEY!

5 comments:

Julie said...

We do have bizarre dressups! You are a great sister to Lindsey! Thanks for remembering how to play with an 11 year old. Thanks too for your generous birthday gift to her. Last night was very fun.

Jen said...

That is cute! I was just thinking the other day that I need to have more dress up clothes for the kids to let their imaginations run wild. I will definitely be shopping the thrift stores more often! You've inspired me!

Janalyn said...

that is so fun Michelle... I am so glad I have your blog now!!

Jeremy and Heidi said...

I remember when we did that! We all dressed up and went to Dans and then walked around all the crosswalks. Those were the days...

AndersenFamily said...

Michelle, I completely forgot about our little parade around Dan's. What funny memories, I still can't believe we all did that!