Thursday, October 30, 2008

Piano Recital


I am so relieved to finally have this years piano recital out of the way. I currently have 19 students so planning a recital for them was a lot of work. I am please with the way it turned out, and how everyone performed. We had a Halloween recital so all the kids got to dress up, and then we ended the recital with treats, all of which I made, and I was way over prepared (4 double batches of sugar cookies, and 1 double batch of pumpkin chocolate chip cookies). Thank goodness my mom and grandma came up for the recital and they were able to help, I could not have done it without them! My mom even came up to perform, I am so impressed with her for learning how to play the piano, (not many adults do, even if they want to), and for performing for the first time, Way to go MOM!!! I must not forget to mention the tremendous help I received from my husband, too often I take him for granted. Thank you Jared for helping with the set up, clean up, operating the microphone, and most importantly taking care of Brandon. I love you!

1 comment:

MEGAN said...

If I had a piano... I would want to take lessons again. I never really cared to learn it in my childhood. I wish you lived closer. ;)
That must have been such a task to put together! Way to go Michelle!