Thursday, May 6, 2010

Reading Railroad

Our library story time is the best!!! Miss Sally is so much fun to read stories, sing songs, play games, and do crafts with. Yesterday for story time we took a trip on the reading railroad (Heber Valley Railroad). Normally a train ride would cost anywhere from $20-$40, we got tickets for $6.00 YEAH!I was babysitting McKell while Dana is on a trip to NYC so having three kids was a bit of a challenge but I survived and I must admit I was pretty proud of myself. ( I know most of you have more than three kids but I don't - yet - so it was an adjustment)Not only did we get train tickets but they also gave us snacks and conductor hats, Brandon and McKell looked so cute!The kids were so excited when they saw the conductor outside so when he came inside I thought it would be fun to get a picture with him - the kids did not care for that idea much - Oh well.The train was packed - I am not sure where all these people came from, but we filled all 5 train cars. We had fun singing train songs and pretending to be trains, but we couldn't do stories because it was too noisy.We loved the beautiful scenery outside; barns, animals, the river, lakes and mountains!The kids had so much fun poking their heads out the window - and boy did they look cute!We rode the train with our friends Brock, Allison, and their mom Lorraine -so fun!This is Brandon's excited face every time we heard the train whistle. :)Love living close to the train!We had such a fun day - CHOO CHOO!!!

2 comments:

Nakia Stewart said...

Aww! Looks like the children enjoyed themselves. That's what it's all about. Seeing the smiles upon their faces.

Alicia Steere said...

That is TOO cool! I REALLY miss the story time in Heber, that was the best!!! Miss Sally was AMAZING! Wish we had one of her up in MT! :)