Friday, November 5, 2010

Disney Land

I have always found it amusing that the Happiest Place on Earth is where you experience some of the biggest melt downs and disappointments. This trip was no exception. I knew that taking two VERY little children on this trip was going to be difficult - I was prepared for crazy, but my goodness I underestimated the level of difficulty. I could go on and on about all of the not so wonderful moments of the trip, but I wont. This is why I am so grateful for photos. When the trip is done and you have had time to adjust to normal life you can look at the pictures and all you see are the happy moments, and suddenly the trip was worth it and it truly was wonderful. See for yourself. :)I loved Brandon's reaction to Tigger. He jumped right on over to meet him and then the two of them spent some quality time jumping together - Super fun!The wait to meet Mickey Mouse was long and I began to wonder if it was worth it - it definitely was! - Yeah Mickey!Did you know that Disney Land has a petting zoo? I didn't but they do and it was decorated so cute for Halloween. We loved watching them carve pumpkins into Disney Characters. While we were watching the carving we wandered into a nearby barn. Guess who was inside - Woodey - Brandon was ecstatic - however when it came time for him to meet him he was shy again, go figure. But when Jessie came around the corner he was ready and thrilled. YeahEven Grant enjoyed a few of the rides.I was so grateful to have my Mother-in-law with me - She loves the crazy rides as much as I do and Hooray for a Father-in-law to take care of my kids while I went on the rides with either Jared or Dee Ann. So fun.We loved the Pixar Play Parade - Finally a parade that was great for kids. Brandon and Grant had a front row seat to all the action. All of the great characters were in the parade, and they even got to meet Mr. Potato Head and Nemo. SO MUCH FUN!!!Brandon probably had the most fun at the Children's forest near Grizzly Rapids. Finally here was a place without lines, or crowds where he could just run free and climb, slide and explore. Jared and I also loved it for this same reason. It didn't hurt that we were also able to meet both Coda and Keeni from Brother Bear.Brandon had no fear on the rides he loved the hills on the roller coasters and going fast. he however was not a big fan of the monster on the Matterhorn - can't say that I blame him. :)And then there was Radiator Springs where we met Lightening McQueen and Mater - WOW!!! What more can I say about this but that Brandon was THRILLED! Unfortunately he is shy with his emotions so when he was so excited and happy he did his best to keep it in - thus the pictures were not what I was hoping for. Then when we watched the Pixar Parade and Mater and Lightening were at the tail end and they were actually driving - WOW WOW WOW was Brandon happy - so happy that Jared agreed to chase them down and follow then to the end of the parade. Boy oh Boy was Brandon a happy camper!Look at him squishing his cheeks in to hide his smile - so silly.This is probably the way I felt most of the trip. He and Grant were such troopers!!The Dumbo ride was also wonderful although the wait was ridiculously long.Monstro the whale - Brandon is still talking about this and playing with his Monstro the whale - every day! This was so fun!My super cute little boy!

Highlights of Disney Land (according to Brandon):

  • Meeting Lightening McQueen, Mater, Woodey, Jessie, Tigger, Winnie the Pooh and Mickey Mouse.
  • The Pirates Ride, Dumbo Ride, Monstro Ride, Autotopia, Finding Nemo Ride, the two Buzz Lightyear Rides, The Jungle Cruise, Gadgets Go Coaster, the Peter Pan Ride and the two train rides.
  • The Pixar Play Parade
  • Playing on Pirates Island and in the Grizzly Forest

Other memorable moments:

  • The second night in Disney Land (Sunday) I forced my family to stay late in hopes of watching the World of Color show despite our fatigue, Grants fussing due to lost bottles, blankets, and nursing cover up and the crazy long line and wait to see the show and the rain. Finally I accepted that it was not going to happen so we took off for the hotel. Grants fussing turned into screams, Brandon's protests increased, I was near tears and we were wet and tired. As we raced down the street to our hotel we passed a mother who just understood and shouted out to me "Your doing good Mom" - Yes, I cried. Sometimes we just need someone to champion us on. So to all you mom's "Your doing good!!!"
  • We enjoyed a delicious lunch at the Blue Bayou Restaurant. Yummy Monte Cristo Sandwiches are a must when we go to Disney Land. While we were there Jared taught Brandon manners, it was so cute watching them use their napkins, hold the utensils just right and so on.
  • Grant devouring the broth of Wyns' French Onion Soup

All in all it was a great trip with many wonderful memories and many lessons learned. We look forward to our next visit.

No comments: