Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Independance Day Celebrations

For the 4th of July we went to my Grandma and Grandpa Johnson's house for the local parade that I grew up going to.  I was so looking forward to sharing with my children my childhood tradition.  It was fun, but so very different from what I remember it being.  One more evidence that time changes things.  After the parade and a tasty breakfast at IHOP we came back to my grandparents house.  The boys had a great time playing with their cousins and dad in the creek.  They began with fishing with sticks, :) then proceeded to climb the waterfall swing on a rope swing and swim all over the place.  They had a great time. :)








 After a fun morning and afternoon at my grandparents house we came home had naps and then went to a local park to watch the fireworks.  It was so fun to be there with our local community.  We ended up sitting right next to two of Brandon's preschool class mates and had a great time socializing with all of them. :)


It was a wonderful holiday!  I am so grateful for the freedoms we enjoy in this country, I am especially grateful for the many people past and present who worked so very hard to create and maintain the freedom of this country!!!!

No comments: