Sunday, April 7, 2013

Dr. Suess' Birthday

Not sure why, but I thought it might be fun to celebrate Dr. Suess' Birthday.  So I looked at our collection of Dr. Suess books and came up with some ideas for each one.  For there's a Wocket in my Pocket, we went on a scavenger hunt with our own "monsters" like;
There's a Zable under my _______
 There's a Fiano on my ____________
 And last of all There's a Shirobave in my _________________.
Inside the microwave there were cut up bananas and strawberries which we put on skewers for Cat in the Hat hats.

 


 We went through an obstacle course for Oh The Places You'll Go
We also went fishing with pretzels, cream cheese, and gold fish crackers for One Fish, Two Fish, We jumped on the mini tramp for Hop On Pop, We balanced bean  bags on our heads for Ten Apples Up On Top, We watched The Lorax, and we had green eggs for lunch for Green Eggs and Ham.  It was a fun day, however - completely silly and unnecessary.  I often wonder why I go to so much effort to plan activities like this for my children - do they really benefit from it, do they really enjoy it, is there a better use of my time spent with them?  Conclusion - I probably wont do this activity again - though it was fun. 

No comments: