Monday, May 7, 2012

14 of 30

Describe 5 strengths you have.

1. Conviction of Faith and my testimony.  I know beyond doubt that The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is true.  I am grateful for my testimony and the way it guides my life.  I recognize that testimonies are fragile and can waver so easily so I work at mine each day so that it can remain strong.

2. Organization.  I am certainly not perfect at this, and as I look around my house at the piles of messes I wonder if this really is a strength.  But I often have people compliment me on how organized my children's rooms are and how organized my home is and how on top of my responsibilities I am, that to some extent it must be true.

3. Entertaining children.  When I started working at a daycare during high school I knew that I had a gift, at 16 years old I could have 20 children sitting in a room hanging on my every word.  But it wasn't until I started teaching at Challenger three years latter that I realized just how much I enjoy teaching young children and really enjoy entertaining them.  It is a natural high for me.

4. Getting things (projects - that I like) done.  I am pretty good at finishing projects that matter to me.  For example - I already have Brandon and most of Grants baby scrapbooks done through two years old, I start and finish wall decorations for Brandon and our bedroom, I stained the fence all around our yard and I assembled our computer desk.  Generally speaking I don't start a project unless I can finish it.

5. Gratitude.  I am not always terrific in telling others I am grateful.  But I do feel like I have a very grateful hear.  I recognize beauty all around me, I recognize the good deeds of others, I recognize the MANY things I am blessed with everyday, and I always feel very grateful when I recognize all the good that is around me.

No comments: