Tuesday, May 15, 2012

19 of 30

What is one of the hardest things you have had to forgive.

This question has frustrated me all week, which is why I have yet to post.  This morning I finally figured out why.  I realize that the "Forgive and Forget" concept is not scriptural or even doctrinally based, but there is still wisdom in it, which, I think, is why it is so common.  I have found it to be most unpleasant to recall things that I have forgiven, because it only reminds me of the situation, and the pain, and then I feel hurt all over again.  There is no sense in reopening a wound that has healed, or cutting up a wound that is in the process of healing.  So with that in mind, I will not be answering this question, let the things which are in the past stay in the past, forgive and forget.  I did however find a wonderful video about forgiveness that I hoped to post on this blog, but it wont cooperate, so instead, here is the link.  I hope if you are able to take the time to watch it, you enjoy it, I found it inspiring.  I also found this quote from President Gordon B. Hinckley that I enjoyed and thought I would share.  "How much we need application of this God-given principle and its companion principle, repentance! We see the need for it in the homes of the people, where tiny molehills of misunderstanding are fanned into mountains of argument. We see it among neighbors, where insignificant differences lead to undying bitterness. We see it in business associates who quarrel and refuse to compromise and forgive when, in most instances, if there were a willingness to sit down together and speak quietly one to another, the matter could be resolved to the blessing of all. Rather, they spend their days nurturing grudges and planning retribution."  Last night Jared and I were able to sit down together and speak quietly one to another and the hurt feelings and frustrations that we had been feeling were resolved to the blessing of all.  It didn't used to work that way, I am very grateful that Jared and I are growing in our marriage.  I am very grateful that Jared continues to forgive me.  I am also eternally grateful that we have a loving Father in Heaven and Savior who will forgive us, if we will work for it.

No comments: